Once you have applied ceramic coating to the paint of your car, it is important to clean and maintain it properly in order to protect the integrity of the coating. Here are some tips from August Precision for proper maintenance of ceramic coated auto paint:
- Regular washing: Regularly wash your car with a pH-neutral detergent and lukewarm water. If it has been exposed to salt water, you should use a special detergent designed for saltwater exposure.
- Dry your car: Make sure to thoroughly dry your car after washing in order to avoid leaving spots or streaks on the paint surface due to excess moisture.
- Waxing and buffing: Ceramic coated auto paint will need waxing and buffing less frequently than normal auto paint. Generally, waxing and buffing should take place every six months or so in order to protect the ceramic coating.
- Avoid car washes: If you can, it is best to avoid taking your car through an automatic car wash as these can strip away the protective sealant of the ceramic coating.
- Stay away from harsh chemicals: Do not use any highly alkaline or acidic cleaners as they can damage the integrity of the ceramic coating. Make sure to only use pH-neutral products when cleaning, waxing, and buffing your car’s paint.
- Deep clean: If you ever notice dirt or other debris on your ceramic coated auto paint that cannot be removed with regular washing, you should consider having a professional deep clean the paint. August Precision in Raleigh NC offers specialized ceramic coating cleaning and maintenance services to keep your car looking its best.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your ceramic auto paint remains well-maintained and protected over time. With the right level of care, you can keep your car looking like new for years to come. Contact August Precision in Raleigh NC today to learn more about our ceramic coating maintenance and cleaning services.
The team at August Precision is committed to providing the highest quality of care when it comes to ceramic coating auto paint maintenance and cleaning. With over 20 years of experience, you can trust that our experts will do the job right. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you maintain your ceramic coated auto paint.